Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 6: Day 40

This is not so much anger, but I am not sure how I feel about it.

When I was doing my student teaching there was a little girl in the classroom next to the one I was in (1st grade) who had shingles. My thoughts, when I asked her what she was doing in the hallway (she was coming back from the Nurse and told be about the shingles) was to stay away from me.

Shingles follows chicken pox. You cannot have shingles before having chicken pox. It is very painful and follows the nerves along the body (specific ones and I cannot remember which ones). Well, as I was looking at the immunizations for my son, one of the shots they get (I do not remember what age) is a chicken pox vaccine. Now, whatever happened to just getting the chicken pox at an age when everyone else was getting it because moms collaborated? There is nothing wrong with me and I got the chicken pox in third grade.

With getting the vaccine at a young age, that makes us susceptible to shingles at a young age. That does not make sense to me. We give our children one vaccine, only to need to make another?

This was taken with my phone camera, so sorry that the quality is not that great...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is appreciated and I try to reply back as soon as I can! Let me know what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome!