Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 4: Day 27

This was a tough choice. I had taken a few pictures of my mom with Nikolai, but they did not turn out the way that I wanted them to. I felt rushed because (1) Nikolai was doing his 'I want mommy' cry and (2) it was getting late and I didn't want to keep my mom any later. I thought what a better type of picture for the 'mother' theme than my baby and my mom? But most of the pictures were hard to get because the rocker and Nikolai's crying. Not to mention Brandon doesn't like to hear Nikolai cry, so I pretty much felt bad if I didn't stop.

So I decided to play with the auto-focus on the camera and tried to blur out part of the picture and get it to focus on something else. One reason why DigitalPhotographySchool.com is so cool. I knew about the auto-focus and that the camera did that, but no real understanding how to play with it. Not that I have an understanding now, but at least I played with it...

My toss up is to use the crying Nikolai picture, or the play with auto-focus smiling Brandon picture...

I want to use the one with me playing with the auto-focus because the purpose of this project is to be improving my photography. Yet, the picture that I would use of Nikolai crying I think is a good picture... Anyway... Here is the one with my playing with the auto-focus...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment is appreciated and I try to reply back as soon as I can! Let me know what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome!